Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
Don't let bladder concerns slow you down.
Do you frequently experience an overwhelming urge to urinate? Do you suffer from involuntary loss of urine? Perhaps you’ve said this: "On my way to the bathroom, I start urinating and I just can’t get there fast enough."
If these sound familiar then you may indeed suffer from urinary incontinence. In fact, bladder leakage is believed to affect as many as half of women over the age of 50 in the United States. Yet, only a fraction of the women seek medical care. Many women do not seek treatment because they believe these conditions are a normal part of the aging process. This is not true!
Recent advancements in technologies have made it possible to control or completely reverse the adverse effects of bladder disorders.
There are many types of pelvic floor dysfunction that may contribute to incontinence & bladder health concerns:
- Urinary stress incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Incomplete bladder emptying
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis
- Painful intercourse
Watson Clinic’s Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery offers a vast array of services designed to restore a patient’s sense of relief and well-being. Treatment plans are designed based upon the severity of your condition, and range from simple diet modifications to major pelvic reconstructive surgery.
Treatment options may include:
- Bladder BOTOX® injections
- Bladder installations
- diVa® Laser Vaginal Therapy
- Incontinence and prolapse surgery
- Interstim therapy/sacral neuromodulation
- Lifestyle changes
- Medical management
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation/physical therapy
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation
- Pessary management
- Vaginal weight training
To make an appointment or refer a patient to the Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, please call 863-680-7243
Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Physician:
Tarek G. Garas, MD, FACOG, FACS, MIGS
Comprehensive Women's Healthcare in Bartow Brochure
Dr. Garas' Department Brochure
- Medical School: Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE, MD
- Residency: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board-certified: Obstetrics & Gynecolgy; Subspecialty in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Focused Practice Designation in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Fellow: American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American College of Surgeons
- Member: Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Southern Medical Association, William A. Little Society, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Physicians for Women’s Health, Christian Medical and Dental Association, Florida Obstetric and Gynecologic Society, American Urogynecologic Society, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Areas of Special Interest: Pelvic Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Sexual Dysfunction, Menopausal Symptoms, Contraception, Advanced Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Urinary and Fecal Incontinence, Infertility
- Awards: Recognized by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) as a Surgeon of Excellence in performing robotic surgical procedures, InterStim™ Center of Excellence by Medtronic, Finalist in The Ledger's Best of Central Florida 2022
Please call 863-680-7243 for additional information.