Pulmonology is the field of medicine that involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the lung and respiratory tract.
Watson Clinic’s pulmonology department features four board-certified physicians who specialize in treating pulmonary diseases, including pneumonia, asthma, emphysema, tuberculosis, COPD and complex chest infections.
Now Offering Pulmonary Function Tests
Pulmonary function tests (PFT’s) are a group of simple breathing procedures that measure the function of the lungs, revealing the way a person breathes. Patients perform a series of breathing maneuvers into a mouthpiece attached to an analyzer. PFT’s can assist a physician in determining the cause of shortness of breath. It may help confirm, but not limited to lung diseases, such as asthma; bronchitis; or emphysema. The tests can also be performed as part of a pre-operative screening for an anesthesiologist. The results will help your doctor figure out which type of treatment to pursue. There is minimal risk for most people and there is no pain to the patient in performing PFT’s. This procedure is performed by physician referral only.
Eric J. Lipson, MD
- Medical School: Bowman Gray School of Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, MD
- Residency & Fellowship: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL, Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care
- Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL, Sleep Medicine
- Board-certified: Internal Medicine; Subspecialty Certification in Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine
- Member: Alpha Omega Alpha
- Publications: Author of numerous publications
- Medical School: Damascus University Faculty of Medicine, Damascus, Syria
- Residency: St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY, Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
- Board-certified: Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine
- Medical School: Damascus University, Damascus, Syria, MD
- Internship & Residency: Case Western Reserve University/Meridia Huron Hospital, Cleveland, OH, Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: Cornell University/New York Hospital of Queens, Queens, NY, Pulmonary
- Board-certified: Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Medicine
- Member: American College of Chest Physicians, Society of Critical Care Medicine, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, European Respiratory Society, Syrian Thoracic Society
- Nursing School: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, BSN, MS
- Member: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Association of Critical Care Nurses, Polk County Advanced Practice Nurses Association
Amber Peterson, APRN
- Nursing School: Polk State College, Winter Haven, FL, BSN
- Graduate Degree: Florida Southern College, Lakeland, FL, MSN
- Member: Sigma Theta Tau, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
Please call 863-680-7190 for additional information.