Watson Clinic Main: 863-680-7385
Watson Clinic Highlands: 863-607-3689
Watson Clinic is committed to nurturing the total wellness of our patients, expertly treating conditions that affect both their physical and mental wellbeing. We understand that a person’s health can be impacted by stress and anxiety, or a number of other factors may require that they seek the services of an expert.
Mental health conditions are extremely common and are a risk to a patient’s overall health and wellness if left untreated. More and more people are turning to the field of psychiatry for the treatment of these conditions and to improve their overall quality of life. Psychiatry involves the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioral illnesses.
The Behavioral Health department is dedicated to supporting the mission and values of Watson Clinic LLP. The program supports this philosophy by providing adult and pediatric health enhancing services to our established patients. The department is equipped to provide evaluations, medical management, therapy, and non-pharmacological pain management coping strategies.
We work closely with community resource centers to ensure the patient has access to additional services not provided within our group, such as inpatient therapy or targeted case management. Watson Clinic offers the services of Clinical Psychiatrists and a Psychologist. These practices are independent of one another. Watson Clinic is not licensed as a Behavioral Health Center. Patients are seen within these practices according to the policies and procedures of the Clinic as a whole. Any additional behavioral health services needed are referred to outside entities according to the referral process.
Joachim A. Benitez, MDAdults
- Medical School: St. Luke's College of Medicine, Quezon City, Philippines, MD
- Internship: Maimonides Medical Center, New York, NY, Psychiatry
- Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Board-certified: Psychiatry and Neurology
- Member: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Diplomate in General Psychiatry; American Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association
Karen R. Teston, MDChild, Adolescents & Adults
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, MD
- Residency: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, Psychiatry and Child Fellowship
- Board-certified: Psychiatry and Neurology; Subspecialty in Children
- Member: American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Florida Psychiatric Society