Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Comprehensive Care for your Hearing.
Watson Clinic Hearing Center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Hearing Loss
- Balance and Dizziness disorders (in cooperation with the American Institute of Balance.)
15% of American adults (37.5 million) complain of some difficulty with their hearing. Hearing Loss has been linked to many disabling conditions including cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s disease, clinical depression, diabetes, falls among the elderly, heart disease and many others.
There are three main types of hearing loss:
- Conductive hearing loss – usually temporary in nature and caused by a blockage in the hearing mechanism such as ear wax, fluid in the ears or inability to equalize pressure in the ears. Most conductive hearing loss would be easily treated by seeing an Ear, Nose & Throat physician.
- Sensorineural hearing loss – almost always a permanent hearing loss caused by damage to the hair cells or auditory nerve usually caused by such things as noise exposure, aging process or illness. The most effective treatment for sensorineural hearing loss is hearing aids.
- Mixed hearing loss – a combination of a conductive and sensorineural hearing loss. Hearing aids after medical treatment is the best treatment for a mixed hearing loss.
Hearing aids have evolved over the years and recent technological advances have made them better suited to fit most hearing losses and more stylish as well as easier to wear. For more on our hearing aids, click here
The hearing center works with major manufacturers of hearing aids that have the latest in digital hearing aid technology. The Hearing Center is part of the Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery department,
which is supported by four board-certified physicians and providers.
The professional team is supported by licensed audiology assistant, Joan Budd.
Judith J. Saintange, AuD, CCC-A
- Undergraduate Degrees: Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI, BA, Spanish; BS, Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
- Doctorate Degree: Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL, AuD
Melissa P. Sirois, AuD, CCC-A
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, BS
- Masters Program: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, MS Audiology
- Doctorate Degree: A. T. Still University, Kirksville, MO, AuD
Christian H. Stewart, AuD, CCC-A
- Undergraduate Degree: Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, BS
- Masters Program: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, MS
- Doctorate Degree: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, AuD
*PLEASE NOTE: Medicare requires a referral from a physician for a hearing evaluation.
Please call 863-680-7486 for an appointment for a hearing evaluation or if you need a hearing aid fitted or repaired.