Endocrinologists diagnose and treat disorders of the endocrine system, which includes thyroid disease, hormone imbalances, diabetes, metabolism disorders, hypertension, cholesterol issues and endocrine cancer.
Board-certified endocrinologists Drs. Thomas W. Oates
and Khanh T. Pham
offer comprehensive treatments for these and other disorders and have offices at our Main Clinic
locations. One of their major areas of expertise is in the treatment of diabetes, which is thought to afflict over 20 million people in the U.S. alone.
Diabetes is caused by a shortage or resistance to insulin, a hormone that is produced by the pancreas to control blood sugar levels. Without proper diagnosis and treatment, the ill effects of diabetes may include fatigue, vision loss, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension, stroke and more.
Considering the complex and far-reaching implications of diabetes, our team works closely with the patient to properly manage the disease, working with them to prescribe regimens for medication, diet and exercise. Watson Clinic provides diabetes education
, which includes everything from diabetes self-management classes, individual appointments with certified diabetes educators, dietitians and a blood sugar monitoring classes. Foot care is also an important factor in diabetes treatment, as diabetes makes the feet vulnerable to infection.
Click here for a printable brochure.
Endocrinology Physicians & Providers:
- Medical School: Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, MD
- Internship & Residency: University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL,
- Fellowship: University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, Endocrinology
- Board-certified: Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Charter Fellow: American College of Endocrinology
- Member: American College of Physicians, Florida Endocrine Society, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Alpha Omega Alpha, Phi Beta Kappa
Khanh T. Pham, MD
- Medical School: Thomas Jefferson University/Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, MD
- Internship & Residency: University of California, Irvine, CA, Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, Endocrinology
- Board-certified: Internal Medicine and Endocrinology
- Fellow: American College of Endocrinology
- Member: American Diabetes Association, Endocrine Society, American Medical Association
Brian T. Friend, ARNP-C
- Undergraduate Degree: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, BA
- Masters Program: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, MA
- Nursing School: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, MSN
Please call 863-680-7190 for additional information.