Diabetes Education - Individual and Group
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Phone: 863-680-7376 or 863-680-7293
At Watson Clinic, we are committed to working with individuals and families to focus on their physical, emotional and educational needs. A diagnosis of diabetes can be difficult to deal with. Today, managing your diabetes can be easier than ever. You will learn about healthy eating, physical activity, medications, monitoring, problem solving, healthy coping, reducing risks of complication and stress management. Our goal is to provide you with information, skills and the support you need to become confident in the daily management of your diabetes.
- Diabetes 101 Self-Management Group Education* (Main location only)
- Diabetes 102 Self-Management Group Education* (Main location only)
- Individual Self-Management Appointments with Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist*
- Carbohydrate Counting and Meal Planning Instruction
- Weight Management
- Diabetes Medication Injection Training
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Insulin Pump Patient Support
Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (CDCES) are healthcare professionals who are specialized and certified to teach you how to manage diabetes. Look for the initials CDCES. This means the practitioner has:
- Completed formal education and has years of practical experience in Diabetes education and care.
- Passed a National Exam.
- Maintained continuing education hours.
Watson Clinic offers diabetes self-management group or individual education appointments with certified diabetes care and education specialists. Patient appointments are available with a referral from a Watson Clinic physician. Diabetes education is offered at Watson Clinic Main and Watson Clinic Bartow locations.
Reasons to see a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist:
- You are newly diagnosed with diabetes.
- You are starting on insulin or other injectable medication for diabetes.
- You are using or interested in learning about an insulin pump.
- Your A1C is greater than 7.0%.
- Your fasting blood sugar is often greater than 120 or your after meal blood sugars are often greater than 160.
- You need help with meal planning and carbohydrate counting.
- You are experiencing frequent low blood sugars.
- You feel frustrated that you are doing all the right things and are still not achieving your blood sugar goals.
- You would like an update on the latest information and technology.
- You do not have a regular schedule and find it difficult fitting in time for diabetes.
- You would like to take control of diabetes and not let it control you!
*This diabetes self-management education program has been Recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education.
You must be a Watson Clinic patient to participant in these services. Diabetes education is covered by Medicare and most commercial insurances. For an appointment, please call your Watson Clinic physician.