Metabolic & Weight Center
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Telemedicine Appointments Available
In Polk County, nearly 39% of our adult population is obese. The epidemic has far-reaching implications as overweight and obese patients are more likely to suffer from diabetes, heart disease and other common chronic conditions.
Watson Clinic Internal Medicine specialist Dr. Lilliam S. Chiques has added a Metabolic and Weight Center to her practice to combat the epidemic among patients in our community. This program is designed to empower adults to conquer the condition through sensible, manageable and health-based means.
With the proper plan in place, patients can see significant and lasting results in their overall quality of life, even if they have been diagnosed with a chronic condition such as diabetes.
The Metabolic & Weight Center caters to the needs of these patients through a medically-sound approach that includes:
- Comprehensive medical assessment
- Lifestyle counseling
- Intermittent fasting
- Ketogenic diet
- Meal replacement diet
- Medications to support weight loss
Metabolic & Weight Center Physician:
Lilliam S. Chiques, MDDr. Chiques' Brochure
- Undergraduate School: Yale University, New Haven, CT, BA
- Medical School: University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR, MD
- Internship & Residency: Harvard University/Brigham & Women's Hospital, MA
- Board-certified: Internal Medicine
- Member: Diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha - Medical Honor Society, Former Board Member of Watson Clinic, Massachusetts Medical Society, Obesity Medicine Association
Appointments may be scheduled by calling 863-680-7190.