Watson Clinic accepts Medicare assignment of benefits for traditional and supplemental Medicare along with many Medicare Advantage plans. The clinic is also contracted with most commercial medical insurance plans including HMO’s and PPO’s.
Watson Clinic files all insurance claims on behalf of the patient for both primary and secondary insurance. Below is a list of currently contracted and accepted insurance plans. If you have insurance that is contracted with Watson Clinic, you are responsible for all applicable copays, co-insurance, deductibles and costs for any non-covered services you receive on the day of service. Please understand that we cannot waive patient balances.
Your insurer may be making changes to your coverage in 2019. Please contact them to verify our participation with your plan.
Participating Insurance Plans
Medicare & Medicare Advantage Plans:
Traditional Medicare and all Medicare Supplement Plans
BayCare Health Plans
- Aetna Medicare Choice Plan HMO - POS
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan PPO
Cigna - HealthSpring of Florida
- BayCarePlus Complete HMO
- BayCarePlus Rewards
- Cigna-HealthSpring Preferred HMO
Optometry and all routine vision care not available at Watson Clinic
- Coventry Medicare Summit HMO (Specialist only, referral required)
Florida Blue Plans
- Devoted Health Greater Tampa Bay HMO
- Devoted Health Prime Greater Tampa Bay HMO
- BlueMedicare HMO
- BlueMedicare Choice Regional PPO
- BlueMedicare Select PPO
- HumanaChoice Florida PPO
- HumanaChoice PPO
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO (select specialists only, referral required)
- Humana Gold Plus HMO SNP-DE (select specialists only, referral required)
- Humana Gold Plus HMO SNP-Diabetes (select specialists only, referral required)
- AARP MedicareComplete HMO
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice PPO
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice Essential Regional PPO
- AARP MedicareComplete Focus HMO
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice Plan 2 Regional PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Assisted Living Plan PPO SNP
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete LP HMO SNP
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete RP Regional PPO SNP
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete RP ONE Regional PPO SNP
- UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home Plan PPO SNP
*UHC WellMed Delegated HMOs (specialist only, referral required)
Commercial Insurance Plans:
Aetna – all plans except those sold through the public exchanges/marketplaces
– all plans except for Individual and Engage Plans
- Optometry and all routine vision care are not available at Watson Clinic.
– all plans
Coventry National Network
- Cigna BayCare is contracted with specific providers.
including First Health
- all plans except Workers Compensation and Coventry of Florida
- AdventHealth - Florida Hospital employees use tier 2 benefits with higher out-of-pocket costs.
Evolutions Healthcare System - all plans (Watson Clinic may be considered out of network when the home plan is an HMO.)
Florida Blue – all plans except BlueSelect / MyBasic BlueSelect and Miami-Dade Blue. BlueCross BlueShield North Carolina BlueSelect accepted.
- SimplyBlue HMO - In-network for Watson Clinic Hillsborough and Pasco county providers only.
Humana - most plans
- Humana HMO plans do not cover Podiatry services at Watson Clinic.
Multiplan – most plans (Watson Clinic may be considered out of network when the home plan is an HMO.)
- Disney Orlando Health Network
- Orlando Health Team member
- Florida Sheriffs Association
Tricare Prime - Watson Clinic cannot be PCP
- Authorization required for full benefits, otherwise out-of-network benefits will apply.
UnitedHealthcare - all plans
Watson Clinic does not accept Medical Discount Cards of any kind.
What if I have an out-of-network plan or no insurance?
If you have an insurance plan that Watson Clinic does not contract with (commonly referred to as an "out-of-network" plan) or do not have insurance, you will be responsible for payment of all charges on the day of service. Our financial counselors are available to assist you in making alternative payment arrangements if necessary. Please understand that we cannot waive patient balances.
Information about the Affordable Care Act & You!
Healthcare reform took full effect in January 2014, and there are new ways to buy health insurance called the Health Insurance Marketplace. Americans will be required to have healthcare coverage or pay a penalty. The Government has established a website bringing together information about all of your options in one online location. For those without employer-provided insurance or Medicare/Medicaid, this will allow you an opportunity to compare your choices, learn if you're eligible for public health insurance programs or tax credits that will make coverage more affordable, and join the plan of your choosing.
When you’re shopping for yourself, your family, or a small business, you can enroll in an exchange during the annual open enrollment period of November 1, 2018 to December 15, 2018. Here’s how you do it:
- Visit healthcare.gov and create a free account.
- Enter the information requested including income, household size, etc.
- The system uses this information to produce a list of coverage options that are open to you. You’ll also be given additional options for lower cost premiums, or possible financial assistance, if you qualify.
- Enroll in the plan of your choice.
An important note: Make sure you confirm the insurance plans Watson Clinic accepts before you purchase coverage. Many times, consumers are misinformed as to which plans are honored by our Clinic physicians, so please review the information listed above.
Important News for our Medicare & Medicare Advantage Patients
All patients with Medicare are eligible to participate in the following programs offered at no charge by Watson Clinic.
Welcome to Medicare Visit
Recently enlisted Medicare beneficiaries are eligible to receive a free Welcome to Medicare preventive health evaluation (also known as the Initial Preventive Physical Examination or IPPE) within the first 12 months of their enrollment. This one-time only visit focuses exclusively on health promotion and disease detection, and serves as a great primer on your road to continued wellness and productivity.
The IPPE includes:
- Assessment of vital signs
- General vision test
- Discussion on the importance of drafting advance directives
- Review of potential health risk factors
- Recommended list of screenings, immunizations, and additional services prepared just for you!
Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
After 12 months of enrollment or one year after your Welcome to Medicare Visit, Medicare beneficiaries receive full coverage for an Annual Wellness Visit. During this examination, we will update your medical record with all pertinent information from the past year, review your history and risk factors for disease, ensure that your medication list is up to date, and provide personalized health advice and counseling.
Important Note: Medicare provides coverage of the AWV and the IPPE as Medicare Part B benefits. (There is no coinsurance, copayment or Medicare Part B deductible for these benefits.)