Sports Medicine / Nonsurgical Orthopaedics
Watson Clinic's Sports Medicine/Nonsurgical Orthopaedics department handles nonsurgical treatment of sports injuries, sports-related medical diseases, musculoskeletal medicine and joint injections/aspirations.
Dr. Montenegro works closely with our Orthopaedic Surgery
team and is bilingual speaking both English and Spanish. He serves as the team physician for the Florida operations of the Detroit Tigers and Lakeland Flying Tigers, Southeastern University, George Jenkins High School, Lake Gibson High School and Kathleen High School, as well as numerous competitve athletic organizations.
Sports Medicine & Nonsurgical Orthopaedic Physician:
- Medical School: Autonomous University of Guadalajara School of Medicine, Guadalajara, Mexico, MD
- Intership & Residency: Texas Tech University, El Paso, TX, Family Practice
- Fellowship: American Sports Medicine Institute, Alabama Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center, Birmingham, AL, Sports Medicine
- Board-certified: Family Medicine & Sports Medicine
- Member: American Academy of Family Physicians, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, American College of Sports Medicine, Central-American Medical Society, Eastern Orthopaedic Society
- Team Physician: Florida operations for the Detroit Tigers, the Lakeland Flying Tigers, Southeastern University, George Jenkins High School, Lake Gibson High School, Kathleen High School
- Athletic Trainer: Bethany Nkosi, MS, LAT, ATC
Please call 863-680-7214 for additional information.