In accordance with recently updated CDC guidelines, Watson Clinic patients and guests are no longer required to wear masks during their appointments at the present time. Those who wish to continue wearing a mask during their visits with us are encouraged to do so.
***Please note that this could change based on fluctuations in local COVID-19 transmission rates.***
If you need a PCR test for travel or return to work purposes, please choose one of the following options: Watson Clinic Main
(available by appointment only by calling 863-680-7190
) or Urgent Care South
(walk-in only). Please note:
There are out-of-pocket and lab processing fees associated with this service.
Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center and Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center are no longer requiring a
pre-op COVID-19 test for asymptomatic patients undergoing a procedure.
Coronavirus is an infection that can cause mild to severe respiratory illness.
The Signs and Symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, we encourage you to call your doctor to discuss possible testing and care. In the absence of severe symptoms, you may be encouraged to self-isolate. If you experience chest pain, shortness of breath, or other potentially life-threatening issues, you should go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
To prevent illness, the CDC recommends individuals and families follow everyday preventive measures:
- Voluntary Home Isolation: Stay home when you are sick and avoid contact with individuals who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people as much as possible when out in public.
- Respiratory Etiquette: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw it in the trash can.
- Hand Hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
- Environmental Health Action: Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
There is an incubation period of two - 10 days.
For more information on Watson Clinic’s approach to COVID-19 testing and treatment, call our hotline at 863-680-7977
For more information:
The Department of Health has a dedicated COVID-19 webpage (floridahealthcovid19.gov/
) for all of the most recent updates on the virus. This is the most up-to-date resource for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.
For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Polk County, residents can contact the Polk County Department of Health in Bartow by calling 863-519-7911
Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Sources: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Florida Department of Health