Digital Dash 2016
Watson Clinic Foundation, Inc., a non-profit charitable organization over 50
years old, is proud to bring to you a virtual race which allows participants to
join from anywhere in the world! Our mission is to help the community be
healthier and raise awareness for disease prevention, so we encourage you to
stay active in 2016. As such, we’ll be sending you tips on nutrition and exercises to be successful. This is your race, at your place and your pace!
Join us as we fight obesity, cancer, and heart disease from our neighborhoods,
treadmills, and gyms. It’s the type of race where you can imagine yourself in the
beautiful countryside of France while still helping a good cause.
When is the race?
The race is open year-round so participants can log their miles at their own pace. You just need to register by March 15, 2016.
What's a Virtual Race?
A virtual race allows members to log miles anywhere, over any period of time.
How to Sign Up.
The event is open to Watson Clinic employees, physicians, patients and the general public. The goal for the first year is to have 250 registered participants. To make this happen, we need your support!
- Connect a device (Garmin, Fitbit, Mapmyfitness or Runkeeper) or manually enter your progress.
- Run or walk the 25 miles virtually anywhere - even your treadmill - in any amount of time.
Registration opens January 1, 2016 and closes March 15, 2016.
How much does the race cost?
The cost is $25 for those who register between January 1 - January 31, 2016
The cost is $35 for those who register between February 1 - March 15, 2016
For those who register between January 1 - January 31, 2016, they will be entered to win a Bella Vista Spa massage gift basket.
Why Sign Up?
Proceeds from the event benefit the Watson Clinic Foundation's initiatives to improve health awareness and the quality of medical care throughout our community. Past fundraisers have helped support:
- Launching the "9-1-1" service in Polk County.
- Establishing 37 charitable pacemaker banks in 24 third world nations, eventually saving lives by implanting over 5,000 devices.
- Providing cardiac defibrillators in ambulances and other emergency vehicles statewide.
- Collaborating with local Rotary Clubs and community leaders to raise the necessary funds to provide defibrillators and related education to local police departments and county sports complexes.
- Offering free community health screenings, including blood pressure checks, body fat analysis, mammograms, skin and prostate cancer screenings, and many more.
- Creating the Arts In Medicine (AIM) Program, which enhances the lives of patients and their families through the area’s finest volunteer musicians, writers, craftspeople and other visual artists.
- Founding the Watson Clinic Foundation Auxiliary, which raises funds for cancer research and educational endeavors at Watson Clinic Cancer & Research Center in Lakeland.
Thank you to our sponsor!
To see more information regarding sponsorship levels, click here
If you're interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact our Foundation at 863-802-6220.