Monday - Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
Reclaiming your health and mobility after an injury or illness may require a fitness program. The Watson Clinic Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine facility at our Highlands location provides a team of orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and the most highly advanced rehabilitation technologies in the field, including the Anti-Gravity Treadmill®.
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is a patented NASA technology which improves fitness and rehabilitation by providing more support to the body. The treadmill controls gravity by utilizing air pressure technology. Users experience a gentle lifting force that reduces their body weight by as much as 80 percent. This results in low joint impact and allows them to walk or run more freely.
Patients with orthopaedic conditions, vestibular disorders, neurologic or sports-related injuries can benefit from the treadmill with an easier workout that decreases the patients recovery time, as well as patients recuperating from an illness or injury.
Benefits of the Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
Controlling gravity and reducing your weight while you walk or run can help you:
- Exercise without pain or discomfort
- Go farther and faster while burning more calories
- Continue training through injuries and illness
- Enjoy running with low impact to your joints
- Strengthen your body
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Eliminate the fear of losing balance or falling
- Maintain your mobility, lifestyle and independence
active and mobile lifestyle is essential to good health. Using the Anti-Gravity Treadmill® can speed your recovery process and help ensure a quicker return to your functional routines and activities.
Athletic Post-Injury Training Recovery
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill® helps athletes recover from injury faster, exercise longer, build body strength, increase cardiovascular fitness and all with minimal impact and stress to their joints. The treadmill helps sports medicine and physical fitness experts plan, record and track customized rehabilitation plans based on the patients needs.
Athletes in post-surgery and post-injury rehabilitation use the treadmill in order to:
- Recondition the body and limit downtime for the athlete to return to their sport
- Begin their post-surgery training sooner
- Increase mileage and training volume with minimal stress
- Accelerate speed, endurance and strength
- Study their movements and improve their techniques (Biomechanical training)
- Increase performance
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is a new and easier way to maintain mobility, improve fitness and train safely and efficiently. Our sports medicine experts and physical therapists have chosen the Anti-Gravity Treadmill® as the best low impact exercise equipment for a running or walking fitness program.
For more information, please call