Watson Clinic Cancer & Research Center
Watson Clinic Cancer & Research Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC)
. The center is the proud recipient of another three-year reaccreditation from the CoC, an honor we have continuously been recognized for since our first accreditation in 2007.
Following a meticulous, voluntary onsite evaluation, the cancer center earned gold status
from the highly coveted patient advocacy organization. Watson Clinic is one of over 1500 cancer facilities in the country to be accredited by this organization. We are also one of only six freestanding cancer centers in the entire country to receive this honor, and the only one in the state of Florida.
Watson Clinic's cancer center achieved a compliance rating on each of the 34 strict standards represented in the review, and received special commendations for excellence in the following areas:
- Clinical Trial Accrual
- Registrar Education
- Public Reporting of Outcomes
- College of American Pathologists Protocols
- Nursing Care
- Rapid Quality Report Systems
- Accuracy of Data Submission
A CoC approved cancer program ensures that all patients have access to comprehensive care, including standards such as:
- A multi-specialty team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results
- Provides lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
Most importantly, patients of an approved CoC program receive this expert care close to home – without having to travel to larger cities to secure the best care that’s currently available.
In addition, we were the only cancer facility in Florida to receive the 2016 Outstanding Achievement Award from the CoC - yet another acknowledgement that our patients receive only the highest quality cancer care.
When you couple these distinctions alongside our membership in the Moffitt Oncology Network
, you’ll see that the Cancer & Research Center is dedicated to providing the best care possible – compassionate and personalized to meet your needs.
Arts in Medicine