Why Choose Watson Clinic
Quality Healthcare for Every Generation.
Here are a few reasons why Watson Clinic is the area's healthcare provider of choice:
In 1969, Watson Clinic was the first medical clinic in the United States to achieve accreditation by the American Association of Medical Clinics. Watson Clinic voluntarily participates in a series of rigorous examinations conducted by the most reputable patient advocacy groups in the industry. Every facet of our operations is scrutinized against strict national and state guidelines. Here are the results from a few of our most recent evaluations:
- Watson Clinic achieved a highly coveted three-year accreditation from the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. This honor attests to our adherence to national standards of excellence.
- Watson Clinic maintains the only sleep disorder center in the area to be accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Watson Clinic Cancer Center was awarded a three-year accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. This makes the Cancer Center one of only a few freestanding cancer centers in the country to achieve this distinction.
- Our radiology department received a prestigious ACR and PET /CT accreditation, which testifies to the impeccable patient care and safety practiced around this state-of-the-art imaging equipment. They are one of the top 10 imaging centers in the United States and they offer every advanced radiology procedure that is available in the U.S.
- Watson Clinic Main's Laboratory is CAP accredited by the College of American Pathologists and Watson Clinic's South & Cancer Center locations are COLA accredited by the Commission of Office Laboratory Accreditation. Watson Clinic has several laboratory locations for your convenience.
These accreditations further illuminate our commitment to providing the highest levels of quality medical care to our patients.
We have more than 40 Specialties to choose from…
Watson Clinic has a roster of physicians representing over 40 different medical and surgical specialties. This comprehensive array of services means that we can treat – right here in Polk County -- nearly any ailment you or your family members are likely to face in your lifetime. All records are kept in an electronic medical records system and physicians have immediate access to your information no matter where or when you were seen within the Watson Clinic network. Learn more about our specialties.
We have over 200 Physicians…
Watson Clinic maintains a comprehensive and sizeable staff of board-certified physicians to better serve the community. These physicians are recruited from the best medical schools across the country, and our team of doctors possess a wealth of expertise. But it’s their compassionate small-town values that community members appreciate most. Patients receive world-class care delivered with dedication and integrity. Learn more about our physicians.
We offer multiple Convenient Locations just around the corner…
Watson Clinic provides primary care and specialty care services from multiple locations throughout the Polk, Pasco & Hillsborough counties to help serve the needs of our community. There are several laboratory and x-ray locations that are open for extended hours as an added convenience for our patients. Learn more about our locations.
We’re proud to feature the most advanced technology…
Watson Clinic has been committed to providing the most state-of-the-art medical care since 1941. We have continued through the years to enhance existing technology and provide patients with the highest quality of care they deserve. Examples of this include a recent transition to digital mammography in the Watson Clinic Women’s Center, being the first in the County to offer 64-slice CT scans for heart patients and highly trained physicians who perform robotic surgery for prostate cancer, hysterectomies or gynecologic cancer surgeries
to achieve a less invasive procedure and pinpoint accuracy.