The Center for Cancer Care & Research is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC). When the cancer center received this accreditation in 2007, we were one of only two freestanding cancer centers in the country to be awarded with this distinctive honor.A CoC-approved cancer program ensures that all patients have access to comprehensive care, including standards such as:
- A multi-specialty, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options.
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options.
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support.
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results, and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care.
Most importantly, patients of an approved CoC program receive this expert care close to home – without having to travel to larger cities to secure the best care that’s currently available. When you couple our CoC accreditation along with our Moffitt affiliation, you’ll see that the Center for Cancer Care & Research is dedicated to providing the best care possible – compassionate and personalized to meet your needs.
For more information on the CCCR’s accreditation, please call the Center’s Director of Clinical Services at 863-603-4761.